Have you been searching for a permanent tooth replacement solution that can easily and quickly restore the look and function of your smile? Would you love to transform your smile and your self-confidence with an improved grin? If so, dental implants could be the perfect method of tooth replacement for you and your smile. Continue reading to learn more about what makes a successful dental implants candidate.
After a consultation, you may decide that dental implants are the best option for your optimal dental health. When you come to this momentous decision, you will schedule an examination with Dr. Barksdale. Here are the next steps in the treatment process:
1) During your initial examination, Dr. Barksdale will examine your teeth, measure your jawbone density and take x-rays. This will allow him to determine if your jawbone and gum tissues are sufficient for successful dental implant treatment.
2) The second step in the dental implants process is to schedule your dental implant installation procedure.
3) During the actual installation procedure, an incision will be made and a small titanium piece will be surgically placed. The incision area will then be closed and you will be sent home to heal.
4) After your implant area has healed sufficiently healing, a middle piece called an abutment will be connected to the fixture and you will be sent home for additional healing.
5) During this time, Dr. Barksdale will precisely create your replacement tooth to perfectly match your other teeth.
When doctors chose patients for dental implant treatment, they like to choose patients who have the best chance of success. Besides having missing teeth that need replacement, here are the characteristics Dr. Barksdale likes to see in dental implant patients:
Doctors and dentists look at each individual patient and their total circumstances before deciding if they will be able to successfully heal from dental implant surgery. Not all patients make good candidates for dental implants in the beginning. This is why it is so important for patients to be examined by a doctor prior to dental implant treatment. Patients that have a higher chance of dental implant failure are: smokers, diabetics, children with undeveloped jawbone structures, patients with underlying health conditions and patients that may be suffering from substance abuse issues. Please feel free to call our offices if you would like to know more information about what makes a good candidate or schedule a no-obligation consultation.
Regardless of your state of readiness for dental implants, you should first seek out a consultation with an experienced dental implant provider like Dr. Barksdale. Only a complete examination can allow your doctor to determine if you will be a successful candidate. Still have questions about the dental implants process, the benefits or financing options for your new smile? Please feel free to read through our informative website or call one of our helpful staff members today. Then, if you live in the Baton Rouge, LA area and beyond, call our offices for a consultation. Now is the time to get beautifully restored teeth and amazing smile confidence.